Random tidbits of my brain....

So, we had over 24 hours!!! -count them, 24!, of rain deluge. We personally got over 9 inches in just over 1 full day.

The apartment yard resembled an old fashioned castle moat. We were surround by water front and back up to a foot in the yard in places. granted our 'yard'/grass area is no where near any sort of level grading. 24 hours of light rain, heavy drizzle, crazy lightening, insane loud thunder - at one point I swear the cloud was sitting right over our roof, to a 2.5 hour no power- reading by head lamp session.

Now we needed the rain but this was wayyy to much in a time period, the roads were flooding....discovered that on my way to the liquor store for provisions and lets face who does NOT enjoy putting on a pair of wellies and stomping around in huge calf deep puddles!! and mine happen to have colored polka dots on them so there, ha!

So today we dried out a bit to discover that another HUGE storm is moving this way....more movie and reading time for us, my tan is fading by the day due to being trapped indoors;(

So while trapped I started to mentally tally all the Random items we have in this ole here apt so here goes:
- I know pics would help but I am too lazy 

-18 red construction hard hats?!
-3 upcycled tables Chris made of driftwood
-8 jars of seaglass of various sizes
-3 old glass buoys
-1 lobster made of wood
-8 9volt batteries{ya know the ones kids use for volcano science projects}
-17 ball caps on the bedroom walls
-10 straw hats on the walls{we are desperate for decoration}
-6 straw bags{chris keeps telling me I have enough, um really they do eventually break from use}
-3 maps, 2 of Bahamas, 1 of city of San Francisco!
-1 wake skate {that sadly has only been used once}
-more beach flotsam than I care to admit, including 3 sea fans

{I have not had my hair cut in 7 freakin long horrible months, with headlamp on last night chris asked my if I was wearing my hair in Pigtales for christs sake - Really.....its that bad looking??? I have what I call the puppy dog ear affect when the ends get all fat and fluffy....and time marches on for waiting on documents from Nassau, I will look like Rapunzel soon}

In other news I have been laying in bed at night awake with my mind full of - omg I need to write this down blog moments / funny thoughts / memories and I am *almost* tempted to get up and jot it down but the lull of sleep is pulling me in. I think that moment in my day is when my brain finally relaxes and I am able to sort through all the madness in my head and make some sense out of it.

So this morning when I woke I recall thinking last night how much my habits are those of my Mother{love you mom} but OMGEEEE its getting bad folks. When sister was here a few months ago, she pointed out some things, cant recall specifics now.

here is what I recall this morning - Things I do that resemble / remind me of / I learned from watching / habit-

  • fold towels like mom did- ya know in half width wise, then again, then into thirds...it is the smallest
  • Rinse the sink after brushing teeth - you would have to see me do this but TRUST ME, its the same
  • Sneezing - I sound like Mom and* I usually sneeze 3 times....like weena does
  • Scissor location - dear god mom used to drive us crazy with NOT moving her scissor location, they had to be in the *same* spot always so she didnt have to go looking, well mom you passed the torch
  • Reading a Book - when we were kids mom could pull out all blinders and ear blockage to anyone attempting to get here attention while reading, and the whole "just one more chapter then you can have a snack bit" I totally do this to chris, must get to next chapter break before I can pay attention 
Now I certain there are Many  more things that I do that I picked up from Mom and when I recall them I will update this list cause I find this stuff funny as hell and kinda eye opening. esp considering that when I was young,I thought I would never be anything like my weena.

love you more than anything mom!!!

So random galore tonight and as you can prolly tell, Blogger has made it INSANELY mucho easier to compose / edit / create a post. So here is to hoping that I will make better use of this now that it is so easy, thanks for dumbing it down for me google, you're a lifesaver.

ps when the hell did Nelly Furtado attempt to go ghetto???!?!?!? with dudes dancing with mini hulahoops
1 Response
  1. ellalpina Says:

    try cutting your own hair, its not that scary! all that rain comes with a life of being a permanent castaway huh? love u guys!