Life is Grand


Some days I am bored out of my mind not much to do as of late, the weather has been so so.
However, my days are spent doing exactly what I want, within island restrictions cause Target would be involved otherwise.
Not ashamed to admit that in the past week or so ;) I hae been blissfully sleeping till 12pm! You read that right noon. Some of this has to do with Cdub and his snoring which he vehemently denies. Most nights I can sleep till about 4 or 5 am and then am awake till 9ish when he gets up.
I know snoring is not that big a deal to some, but my sensitive body cannot sleep  when there is noise like that, esp. when it’s erratic. I then start to concentrate on his breathing and become convinced he has sleep apnea and then have to poke him to make sure. It’s enough to drive a person crazy, just as I start to fall back asleep he has a hitch in breathing and sends me into panic.
So I have taken to extending my wonderful bed hours for an extra 3 in the morning after he gets up.
Then I get online, peruse some sites, check email and the drag out the yoga mat and get to stretching my body out. I have fallen in love with yoga again, it’s been years since I was last dedicated to the form.
After some yoga, I then twitter around the house cleaning and picking things up, open windows, make the bed, cause it’s my duty since I got up last, put away clean dishes. Ponder what’s for lunch then pull out the trusty Kindle and read, ALL DAY LONG!
Sometimes at the bar, the couch, the spare bed room. Now I can multi task while reading IF I choose to do so. I.E. the start of march madness last week, I watched and read for all the games, some more than others. Other times I am so like my mother it’s scary.
When we were kids she used to read ALL THE TIME…..and leave us to our own devises. It was impossible to talk to her, she would promise over and OVER again one more chapter then we can have lunch, 5 more pages then we can turn on the tv. You practically had t scream at her to get an answer.
I now see how easy it is to become totally immersed in a good book, actually I have known this for years but is drifted into a brighter light when I now live with someone. Someone who walks up, pokes my nose and asks, “what ya doin’ over here?”
Before I know it, the day is almost gone and I should start to think about dinner. Although my stomach has been thinking dinner since 4pm.
We eat when we feel like it, the time change has been awesome. Then it’s some tv, movie, net or book.
I do feel like I have been neglecting Zoe and have promised myself I will be up by 11am to walk her on the beach tmrw at low tide.
Fingers crossed as I have a bit of insomnia and can get in bed at midnight and stay awake till 2am
1 Response
  1. Joan Says:

    I totally understand the snoring- its like you are just waiting for the next snore and it is so annoying!! All I can say is "like father like son!!!"